Monday, May 24, 2004

The Odd Day
Saturday threw me and my wife for a loop. Because of the rain, we ended up going shopping for useless items. I picked up some clear storage tubs at WalMart to help keep organized some of my car camping knicknacks. We then went to Staples for office supplies (perhaps the one category of products that p*sses you off the most that you are blowing your hard earned money on). Then on to the Fresh Market for some chicken sausage (I had got it in my mind that the rainy day was a good opportunity to make homemade ravioli). It is interesting the change in appearance of shopping clientele when you go from one store to another, especially when one notices the high quotient of fashionable eyewear worn by Fresh Market patrons.
Then it was back home to make the pasta and the filling for the ravioli. I don't know why I continue to make pasta from scratch. It is such a time consuming and hands on process, though I have to say the ironing board contraption recommended by Alton Brown did simplify the process somewhat. But just as you near the point of despair, tasting the finished product is extremely rewarding, especially when the flavor rocks.

And then we finished the evening with a few cocktails and the second season of The Real World available On-Demand. It was the perfect silly end to a somewhat pointless day.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, it looks like your comments work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home