Thursday, September 18, 2003

A Butterfly Flaps its Wings and Creates a Hurricane
Nah, I'm not going to blog about Isabel, though as an aside I am sure Howard Dean or John Kerry are going to raise a fuss about it. "Is it coincidence that this storm is headed for Washington DC? Did Saddam or Bin Laden create this Weapon of Mass Precipitation? What does Bush know and WHEN DID HE KNOW IT? Mark my words, somebody will kick a fuss. Al Sharpton perhaps?

Nah, what I mean to say is how such little things this morning: lingering in the shower; buttering a bagel; petting the cat ticked off a few precious minutes that when combined with other factors led to my 5+ hour delay here at the airport. No big deal but it is amazing to think of actions and the influence they have on future actions. Whatever, I am in no rush and the airport is an interesting place. I was witness to the "inside scoop" so to speak of how check-in people view people checking in. One check-in guy was chit-chatting with the person who was helping me get on a later flight and began pointing out people - making fun of them. One woman didn't have the chest size to his liking and he made that known. Of another woman dressed all in pink who was checking in at the Air Canada counter, he said, "Definitely a Canadian". Didn't seem to make much sense to me. Maybe if she was dressed in white and red perhaps???

So the question of the hour is, "Should I get a shoe shine?" But I am wearing sneakers so I suppose this question is useless to ponder. Nevertheless, you see these stands at airports and I always wonder how archaic a service it is. Shoe Shine? Isn't that what Underdog did? Too bad Underdog doesn't work here. Then nobody would have any worries about security.

Well, I must find something else to do as this internet "cafe" is not cheap. I've already maxed out the enjoyment factor of browsing Brookstones. There's only so much pleasure one can get looking at all the vibrating massagers on display. Though I suppose for those owning one of these vibrating massagers, the pleasure is of a different sort....

Airport induced dementia is cool....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home