Tuesday, September 02, 2003

The Grain Comes in by Railroad Car
My wife and I toured the Budweiser brewery with friends this Saturday. They make so much goddamned beer so often that the grain has to be delivered by railroad car. It gets dumped into a huge hopper and then sent to the brewing kettles for cooking. I was impressed with the scale of the operation. Indeed, there was one section of the brewery where you looked down this long hallway and all you saw were stainless steel pipes and holding tanks storing millions of gallons of beer. If you looked up you could see that these holding tanks were atop each other for perhaps 10 stories up. Looking at all of this I felt that I was a UN weapons inspector viewing some unholy industrial operation.

So much BEER, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home