Monday, June 21, 2004

End of Days
The latest edition of Dover Community Notes includes a story about a local business that deals in caskets. I found it humorous that one particular model of coffin was called the Dover. Now don't get me wrong, I love my town and have great respect for it, but if given a choice would I really want to spend my "death years" eternally residing in Dover? I mean certainly Copacabana or South Beach would be preferable, or how about in Fenway? For the golfing inclined, one could rest for eternity in the Augusta or the Pebble Beach. Michael Douglas could spend his death years tucked away inside the Catherine Zeta-Jones (Lord knows he spends enough time in her already). Seriously, the Dover casket just isn't enticing to me. I need more choices.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that for only $4700, you could spend eternity in a "Kiss Kasket"! http://www.kissonline.com/kasket/

Note that the coffin is multi-functional - it also makes a great cooler.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger YouWho said...

The "Fenway" huh? Sounds like a way to make eternity seem even longer. As for Michael Douglas... c'mon you're just jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home