Tuesday, January 20, 2004

WrestleMania Main Event: Howard Dean
I almost expected to see The Rock run onto the stage and smack Dean with a folding chair during Dean's post-results speech. Dean looked like a nut!

Regarding the overall caucus results, I was half right and half wrong. I predicted to LNotes that Dean was going to win. I figure he had a lock on the Hate Bush crowd and was going to drive them to the caucuses in large numbers. However, some pundits are saying that some of those people may have shifted to Kerry at the last moment, reducing Dean's numbers. On the otherhand, I think the real winner of Iowa is John Edwards, who surprised everyone with his second place showing. Edwards is running a classy campaign, and he is tapping into the appreciation that the electorate has (but never tells pollsters) for Nice Guys that I think wins elections in the end.

Personally, I don't think Kerry has what it takes. I maintain that his positions are a bit nonsensical and in some cases hypocritical, but given the flip-flopping he has done to this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some flop-flipping from Kerry once the race shifts South. In the end I think the mountain of incoherence will topple over and terminate Kerry's election chances. New Hampshire, I believe, will see a dramatic ramp up of outrageous rhetoric. Kerry's rival at this point is not Edwards, it is Clark. and the two will try to do leapfrogs over each other to come out with the most inane quotations. Edwards will continue to do his nice guy shtick, and Dean will continue to vent steam in humorous trajectories. Stay Tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home