Sunday, April 10, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite Marketplace
My wife and I shop at a vegetable and gourmet food marketplace. There's an interesting social dynamic taking place at checkout. The cashiers are all made up high school girls with an overabundance of attitude. The grocery baggers are all pimply faced dorks with uneven teeth. The girls barely acknowledge the existence of the baggers who are standing no more than 3 feet away. It is amusing to watch them whip the groceries past the scanner and towards the baggers as though this interaction with them, however minimal, was more than enough to make the girls nauseous.

5 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Brian said...

"How are you going to ask Cashier #1 out?"

"I'll probably build her a cake."

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is incredibly strange, this interaction. oftentimes I feel as if I wasnt present, as They discussed Their hours, when Their break is and what They would do after work.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger YouWho said...

"I caught you a delicious bass."

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How can I ask her out? I don't even have any skills."

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Brian said...

[in th break room] "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home